ACT offers a variety of instructional technology, including Canvas, Mediasite, My Mediasite desktop software, Adobe Connect videoconferencing software, i>Clickers, and training to support their use.
ACT supports students in their use of campus and distance learning technologies, including "smart" classroom equipment, streaming videos, iClickers, and more.
Tech's Distance Education program uses live, interactive, web-based video to connect distant students with instructors and learners in regular on-campus courses.
Canvas updates for students
- A new way to access Canvas:
- NMT students must register their i>Clicker devices in one of the following ways (registering a new device on i>Clicker.com will not add NM Tech students to our Canvas i>Clicker database):
- i>Clicker registration link in any NMT Canvas course (initiated by the student using the student’s own Canvas account) PREFERRED METHOD
- Using the Roll Call registration tool under the settings icon in the i>Clicker toolbar (initiated by the instructor)
- Manually associating unresolved i>Clicker numbers with unresolved students in the i>Clicker gradebook (initiated by the instructor)
- A student's avatar must be the photo taken for the student's Tech ID. Please do not attempt to upload your own photo for the Canvas avatar.